(makes 2 servings, 5 min prep, 12 min cook)
Ingredients: 2 center cut pork chops, 1 peach, BBQ sauce (I recommend the peach BBQ sauce from Steve's Paleo Goods), sea salt, ground black pepper, 1 tsp + cinnamon, 1 tsp raw honey, 2 Tbsp grassfed butter, ghee, or bacon fat.
- Melt 2 Tbsp grassfed butter, ghee, or bacon fat in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Place 2 center cut pork chops in the middle of the skillet and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper. Use a basting brush to generously coat the pork chops in BBQ sauce (the peach BBQ sauce from Steve's Paleo Goods is delicious and perfect for this dish!) Cook for about 6-8 minutes, flipping half way through and coating in more BBQ sauce.
- Slice a peach into small sections and place them on the outside of the pan.
- Once the pork chops have finished cooking, remove them from the pan.
- Move the peaches toward the center of the pan, allowing them to cook in the BBQ sauce. Stir in 1 tsp raw honey and 1 tsp cinnamon. Allow the peaches to cook until they soften.
- Once the peaches have finished cooking, plate them on top of the pork chops. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon and serve.
Pork and peaches are both good sources of iron, which is critical for both production of red blood cells and for oxygen transport from the lungs throughout the body via the blood. The high iron content makes this dish wonderful for individuals who are anemic. Peaches also contain lycopene and lutein, which work together to prevent the development of macular degeneration, cancer, and heart disease.