(makes 3-4 servings, 5 min prep, 25 min bake)
Ingredients: 4-5 Tbsp grassfed butter or ghee, 8 eggs, 1 cup almond milk, 1 Tbsp gluten free vanilla extract, 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 cup tapioca flour, 5 Tbsp coconut flour, a pinch ground flaxseeds, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 2 tsp baking soda.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt 4-5 Tbsp grassfed butter or ghee and pour into a glass baking dish (9 x 13 or 8 x 11 inches will do).
- Place 8 eggs, 1 cup almond milk, 1 Tbsp gluten free vanilla extract, and 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar in a blender on high for about 45 seconds - 1 minute until light and frothy.
- Add 1 cup tapioca flour, 5 Tbsp coconut flour, a pinch ground flaxseeds, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, and 2 tsp baking soda to the blender. Blend on high again for about about 45 seconds - 1 minute then immediately pour over the melted butter and place the pan in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 22-25 minutes (don't worry, it's supposed to rise) then serve and enjoy with your favorite toppings! I love lemon juice and a few chocolate chips while my husband enjoys a bit of maple syrup and some strawberries.
The eggs in this dish are packed with protein that will give you energy throughout the day. Combined with the flaxseeds, this dish is also full of healthy fats with numerous cardiovascular benefits. Flaxseeds and cinnamon are both also high in antioxidants which help to protect the body from cancer and free-radical damage. Additionally, they are powerful anti-inflammatories that help the body fight infections, repair tissue damage, ad prevent chronic disease, such as Rheumatoid arthritis and hart disease.