(makes 2 individual pizzas, 10 min prep, 15-20 min bake)
Ingredients: 2 paleo pizza crusts, 1 avocado, 6 slices of prosciutto, 2 figs, 2 cups mixed greens. (Optional: goat cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Start with 2 of my perfect paleo pizza crusts (click to follow the link for the recipe).
- Cut an avocado in half and spread one half on each of the pizza crusts.
- Thinly slice two figs and divide the slices between the two pizzas.
- Break apart 6 slices of prosciutto and lay them on top of the figs. (If you would like to add goat cheese, you can sprinkle some on here as well.)
- Place on a nonstick baking sheet in the oven for about 15 minutes. You can bake for less time if you like softer crust or more time if you like crispier crust.
- Remove from the oven and top each pizza with a cup of mixed greens.
- I know it tastes delicious and you will want to eat it as fast as you can, but try to remember to breathe between bites. Enjoy!
Figs are high in fiber, which makes them a great dietary addition. Both figs and avocado are known to lower levels of unhealthy triglycerides (bad fats) in the blood, which supports a healthy cardiovascular system. They are both also very high in potassium, which is critical to help your body maintain a healthy blood pressure. In addition, fruit fiber, such as the fiber found in figs, has shown protective effects against postmenopausal breast cancer development. Eating three or more servings of fruit per day has also been shown to decrease chances of developing macular degeneration (loss of eyesight as you age) due to increased consumption of the antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E.