I was planning on saving this recipe for my upcoming cookbook, but my mom is coming into town for the holidays this weekend and key lime is her favorite. So, in honor of her and the holiday spirit, I decided to share this awesome recipe early with you all! This mousse is delicious completely on it's own or you can chill it in a baked pie crust.
(6 servings, 10 min prep + chill time)
Ingredients: 1 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cup lime juice, lime zest, 1 cup chilled full fat coconut cream, 1/4 teaspoon raw honey, 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Place 1 ½ avocado into food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add 1 cup chilled full fat coconut cream, ½ cup fresh lime juice, and 1 ½ tablespoons of raw honey and puree again until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour contents into standing (or hand) mixer. Add ¼ teaspoon salt and lime zest from one whole lime then beat on high for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Transfer into small individual ramekins or one large pie pan and refrigerate for 6-8 hours before serving.
Whipped coconut cream
- Place 1 cup chilled full fat coconut cream, ¼ teaspoon of gluten free organic vanilla extract, and 1 teaspoon of raw honey in a standing (or hand) mixer and whip on high for about 8 minutes until it reaches a consistency like whipped-cream.
- Place a small dollop on top of each individual ramekin or in the middle of the larger pie pan.
OPTIONAL: Garnish with additional lime zest.