...Oh, and I made these awesome brownies for us to share with some wine. I have made some healthy paleo brownies before and they were just "eh"... kinda cake-like. I like me some really ooey-gooey brownies (hence the name). So, I decided to whip up my own recipe and they are bomb! If you happen to be weird and like your brownies more cake-like, that's ok, we can still be friends. All you have to do is just bake it for a few more minutes. If you like your brownies the awesome way, just bake it for a few less minutes. Easy-peasy. You can also top it off with my paleo ice cream and some whipped coconut cream for a delicious brownie sundae!
(12 servings, 10 min prep, 25-30 min cook)
Ingredients: 2 bananas, 1/2 cup (about 8) dried prunes, 5 tbsp coconut oil, 2 teaspoon cacao powder, 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate, 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter, 1 teaspoon gluten-free organic vanilla extract, 2 eggs, pinch sea salt.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse 1 cup prunes and 2 bananas until smooth then pour into a medium mixing bowl.
- In a double broiler, melt 1/2 cup of dark chocolate with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil then add the chocolate to the prunes.
- Mix in 2 eggs, 4 tablespoons coconut oil, 1 teaspoon gluten-free organic vanilla extract, ½ cup sunflower seed butter, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Pour into a small greased brownie pan and bake for 25-30 min.
- Make sure you let it cool slightly before you stuff your face so you don't burn your mouth like I did.