(makes 24 truffles, 20 minute prep + freezer time)
Ingredients: 1 tablespoon roughly crushed almonds, 1 tablespoon sea salt, 1/3 cup raw honey, 1 cup ground hazelnuts, 1 cup ground almonds (or almond flour), 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract, 1/2 cup muddled raspberries, 1/3 cup raw cacao powder, 2 cups dark chocolate, and 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Combine 1/3 cup raw honey, 1 cup ground hazelnuts, 1 cup ground almonds (or almond flour), 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract, 1/3 cup muddled raspberries, and 1/3 cup raw cacao powder in a food processor until very smooth.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to harden slightly. While the batter is hardening, oil a cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- Once the better has hardened slightly, using your hands, roll the batter into circular truffle shapes and put them on a plate. Then place them back into the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt 2 cups dark chocolate with 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a double broiler, stirringly continuously. Prepare 1 tablespoon roughly chopped almonds and 1 tablespoon sea salt and set aside.
- Remove the truffles from the freezer and, one at a time, roll the truffles in the melted chocolate. Once each truffle is coated in chocolate, place them on the oiled cookie sheet and immediately top with some crushed almonds and sea salt. Don't wait until you have coated multiple because, since the truffles are so cold from the freezer, the chocolate will immediately begin to harden and then your toppings won't stick.
- Once all the truffles are done, place them in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or until the chocolate coating has hardened, serve, and enjoy!