(makes 9 doughnuts, 10 min prep + overnight, 25 min cook)
Ingredients: 2 cups cashews, 1/2 lb bacon, 2 Tbsp grasped butter or coconut oil, 1 1/4 cup almond flour, 5 eggs, 1 cup dehydrated strawberries, 1 small red beet, 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp raw honey, 1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, water.
- Soak 2 cups cashews in water overnight then drain the water before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the 2 cups cashews, 2 Tbsp melted grasped butter or coconut oil, 1 1/4 cup almond flour, 5 eggs, 1 cup dehydrated strawberries, 1 small red beet, 1 Tbsp raw honey, 1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp baking soda, and 1 tsp apple cider vinegar. Pulse on high for about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour the batter into silicone doughnut baking pan and place in the oven for about 20-23 minutes or until the batter has cooked all the way through. Allow the doughnuts to cool on a baking rack while you prepare the glaze and toppings.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 1 cup cooled & thickened full-fat coconut cream with 1 tsp raw honey.
- Crush 1 cup dehydrated blueberries.
- Dip the doughnuts into the glaze and sprinkle with the dehydrated blueberries.
Red beets, strawberries, and blueberries are all high in vitamin C, which is beneficial for boosting your immune system, and fiber, which is beneficial for regulating digestion. Strawberries and blueberries are also high in antioxidants which help defend your cells from damage by free radicals so, combined with the red beets, these doughnuts are also packed with powerful anti-cancer protection.