With a crazy schedule, especially since recently having my son, my time in the kitchen is now limited. So, fast and easy meals are key. And this pudding definitely hits the mark! I love making this ahead of time and dividing it into smaller jars to grab for a quick and nutritious breakfast or snack... or even dessert!
(makes 3-4 servings, 10 min prep)
Ingredients: 3/4 cup almond milk, 1 orange, 1/4 cup ground chia seeds, 1 Tbsp flax seeds, 2 Tbsp raw cacao, 1 1/2 Tbsp raw honey, 1 1/2 tsp sea salt, 2 tsp ginger, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Pour 3/4 cup almond milk into a large sealable jar. (I use a large mason jar.)
- Squeeze the juice from 1 whole orange into the jar with about 1 tsp orange zest.
- Add 3/4 cup ground chia seeds, 1 Tbsp flax seeds, 2 Tbsp raw cacao, 1 Tbsp raw honey, 1 1/2 tsp sea salt, 2 tsp ginger, and 1 tsp cinnamon to the jar.
- Seal the jar tightly and shake vigorously for about 1 minute until the ingredients are well-mixed.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 6 hours) and enjoy!
Chia seeds and flax seeds are both very high in omega 3s, healthy fats that are vital for fighting inflammation and chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and arthritis. Omega-3 fatty acids are highly concentrated in the brain and play a key role in brain health and function, such as memory and behavioral function. They have even been shown to protect against the development of Alzheimer's Disease. During pregnancy, omega 3s are important to ensure healthy vision and nervous system development for the baby. So this is the perfect grab and go snack for hungry mothers-to-be!