PS - you should chill the coconut cream in the fridge for at least 24 hours prior to this recipe.
(Makes about 10 servings, 20 min prep, 45 min bake)
Ingredients: 1 1/3 cup almond flour, 1/3 cup tapioca flour, 1 teaspoon ground flaxseeds, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 5 teaspoons butter or ghee, 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1 1/2 chilled coconut cream, 1/2 cup raw honey, 3 eggs, 2 teaspoons gluten free vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs, 1 teaspoon coconut oil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 1 1/3 cup almond flour, 1/3 cup tapioca flour, 1 teaspoon ground flaxseeds, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 5 teaspoons butter or ghee, and 1 egg in a mixing bowl.
- Lightly oil a 9 inch pie pan with coconut oil and press the crust mix into the pan, creating an even layer.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool while you prepare the pumpkin filling.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin puree, 3/4 cup chilled coconut cream (remove the waxy top layer and use the thicker cream that has separated while chilling), 1/2 cup raw honey, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons gluten free vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. Beat with a hand mixer on high for a minute or two.
- Pour into the pie crust and return to the oven to bake for about 45 min (or until the middle is firm).
- Allow to cool then set the fridge overnight (or for at least 8 hours).
- Once set, whip the remaining 3/4 cup chilled coconut cream (again, the thicker cream) on high for about 3 minutes. Place a dollop on top of the pie.
- Melt the 1/2 cup of dark chocolate with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and drizzle on top of the cheesecake. Garnish with additional cinnamon to taste.